By Makundi Senzota
Arusha Technical College (ATC) has begun conducting short professional trainings in solar energy at its newly established Solar Training Centre at the main campus. The main purpose of the training is to educate young stars to acquire basic skills in solar system.
The Manager for ATC – Solar Training Centre Mr. Emmanuel Kassi said that a total of 6 students from various companies are currently taking short trainings at the centre.
“Currently there are 6 students at the Centre from private companies in different regions of Tanzania being trained on solar basic systems. The training is for two weeks and after completion they will be awarded a certificate of attendance,” said Mr. Kassi.
On the other hand, ATC through EASTRIP Project has developed curricula for short professional courses. These include:
- Small wind turbine design, installation and maintenance (2weeks)
- Small wind turbine design, installation and maintenance (6weeks)
- Stand-alone solar PV system (2weeks)
- Stand-alone solar PV system (6weeks)
- Hybridge renewable energy systems (2weeks)
- Solar water pumping (2weeks)
- Solar water heating (2weeks)
- Hydropower plant condition, monitoring and diagnosis (2weeks)
- Hydropower plant operation and maintenance (6months)
- Design, construction and maintenance of the fixed dome bio-gas plant (6months)
- Construction and maintenance of fixed dome bio-gas plant (3weeks)
- Installation and maintenance of electrical systems (6months)
- Industrial installation and automation (2weeks)