By Mesay Tilahun
A grievance redress mechanism (GRM) committee has been established at Dire Dawa Polytechnic college. The committee includes all project beneficiary stakeholder’s including Local Administration that will be represent government, Community representative, Dire Dawa Administration Environment authority representatives, Academic staff representative, Students representative and Gender focal person).
The objective of this committees is to resolve or negotiate complains and conflicts that will be raised form the project affected parties (PAP’s) due to the implementation of proposed college facility building project within the existing campus at the earlier level before escalate up to unmanageable level.
To increase the accessibility and functionality of this GRM Committee, one day awareness training workshop has been conducted for all members of the Committee, TVET Management Team and to all department heads of the College. At the end of training,
- Discussion has been held on the regular meeting program,
- way of minimizing complains before the problems was happened
- Decided grievance uptake location (2-at project level & at PIU level)
- Way of accessing communication channels for PAP’s
- All grievance recording/registration book (grievance filling and closing formats) were prepared at all grievance uptake location
- Finally, minutes of committee meeting was recorded on the books prepared for the GRM Committee meeting minutes.
Participants at Dire Dawa polytechnic college during an awareness workshop on grievances redress mechanism.