Solar installation Technician at work
Arusha Technical College has added new training programmes in Renewable Energy for Technicians and Artisans leading to National Technical Awards Levels 4-6 and National Vocation Awards Levels 1-3. The programmes were approved for the 2020/2021 academic year enrolment.
The new courses include:
Four (4) new Technician programmes:
- Electrical and Solar PV Systems Engineering,
- Electrical and Wind Energy Systems Engineering,
- Mechanical and Bio-energy Systems Engineering and
- Electrical and Hydropower Engineering.
Four (4) new artisan programmes:
- Hydropower Plants Operation and Maintenances,
- Solar electric systems installation,
- Bio- energy systems construction and
- Wind energy systems installation.
Four new renewable Energy Professional Short Courses:
- Principles of Hydropower Plant Operations and Maintenances
- Principles of Design and Maintenance of Power Transmission and Distribution
- PLCs for Hydropower Engineers
- Solar PV Systems design, Installation, Service and Maintenances